View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 10:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Attachment 202145
Built entirely in Baden-Wurttemburg - Schwarzwald This is known as the Schauinsland T6735 color telecommander H
AND
thanks to a fellow collector of all things SABA, I have my first International TV. This previous owner found an ultrasonic remote control only by visiting the Fatherland on one of many trips mainly for recreation and factory tours.

It apparently was imported to the US and converted to NTSC and 120V 60hz and, though no labels or notation is visible anywhere as any USA set would have, seeing the "F" connector and 120 V non-polarized plug confirmed this.

Not surprisingly, it has a GTE-branded delta-gun CRT made in Belgium. I say that because in 1968, GTE owned 85% of SABA and by 1976, 100% selling to Thomsen in 1980. Now owned by "technicolor" , which I thought was a US trademark.

Built to be serviced like a Sony, to my eyes at least, but better and I have the service manual, in German of course. I spy quite a few fuses on a pcb mounted on the power transformer, not visible at far left.
Attachment 202146
I have two Grundig 19" table models, almost alike. They both have Toshiba CRTs and they protrude from the mask, like the British and European sets.
A label on the back states that they were sold by a firm in Il.