View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 AM
VideoKarma Member

I picked up 1 of these from the same seller - it did not have the AC Adapter attached. this was listed as "NEW" - the listing states that it weighs 7.5 lbs with it's AC Adapter, the manual states that it comes with the AC Adapter. He clearly stated that it did not come with a 12V 4 pin Power Supply, but he did not state that there was no AC Adapter. Also, there are some scratches on the front glass. But the most disturbing thing about this unit is the Volume is barely audible at the maximum level of 15.

I asked him about this, and he responded:

"Hello: I did not mentioned any other power supply that is included and I don't have any, I just see that it has the 4pin power input and I mentioned that I do not have the power supply, sorry about that, all as pictured is included,what not pictured is not included,Thank you again"

This is the text from the listing:

JVC TM-L450TU LCCD 4.5" Professional Field Video Monitor , NEW!!!
will works with12v 4pin power supply (not included)

4.5" Liquid Crystal Color Shutter (LCCS), CRT Color Monitor - TM-L450TU

This super bright, super high resolution portable 4.5" LCCS color monitor is from JVC. This highly compact triple EIA rack-mountable monitor weighs less than 7.5 pounds with its AC adapter. It utilizes Liquid Crystal Color Shutter (LCCS) technology, which unlike a conventional CRT monitor utilizes a combination of a black and white CRT with a liquid crystal color shutter. Sharp images are displayed in even the brightest enviornment, without misconvergence or annoying moire patterns. It features over 400 TV lines of resolution, dual NTSC or PAL inputs and an intergrated NTSC TV Tuner with RF channels VHF 1-12 and UHF 13-62. The display size is adjustable for overscan, underscan and 16:9 aspect ratios. It has blue only mode for color phase adjustment. This monitor offers twin loop through BNC Video with mono RCA Audio inputs plus an RF antenna input (75 ohm F connector). Additional attributes include an easy adjustment and set-up OSD menu that includes contrast, brightness, sharpness, chroma, phase, video system, power save mode and channel settings. It has a built-in handle to make it easy to transport the monitor wherever you go. The handle can be removed for rack mounting. A built-in stand folds out from the bottom of the monitor, allowing the it to tilt upwards approximately 18 degrees.

AN item listed as "NEW" on eBay is stated as:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details.

This should never have been listed as "NEW"!

etype2 - your posting said that it was sealed in the box and included the AC Adapter.

Dave A - please let me know what condition yours is in, and if it included the AC Adapter. (This will work with a laptop brick rated at 19V and at least 2.5A)

etype2 - would it be possible for me to get a copy of the service manual from you?

Last edited by crtfool; 11-04-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Added Info