View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
I just read today that one of Cleveland's UHF television stations, the city's first commercial UHF station (went on the air in 1968), will be changing to a DTV subchannel in the near future, according to an article at Cleveland.com. The article said the station is not leaving the air, despite rumors that it would in fact sign off permanently as a result of the FCC's spectrum auction. The auction will end on March 30, again according to the Cleveland.com article. This article also stated that TV viewers may need to rescan their TVs once the station's OTA transmitter is sold. If this happens (as I am sure it will), how do I go about rescanning my own television? My TV's remote has so many buttons on it it confuses me (I cannot read very well due to vision problems, so half the time I don't know which buttons do what anymore, and in fact some buttons don't do anything; I get confused when I try to use the buttons on the side of my TV as well).

I wish I could go back to the old style of television that has two knobs on the front for channel tuning; at least with these sets (I've owned several), there is no rescanning or other nonsense required if and when TV stations change channels. I don't care for DTV either (I cannot tell the difference in picture quality between standard definition and HD television anyway on my 19-inch flat screen) and could live without it. I still have two 19-inch CRT TVs and am ready at any time to use one of them to replace my flat screen, as DTV is much too complicated for me; as I said, I cannot tell the difference between standard definition and HD pictures, so high-definition picture quality is lost to me.
I'm surprised to hear of any analogue channels in any area. I thought, they were all gone by now!