View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 03:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifties View Post
I have a Sony KDF-70XBR950 Projection TV that I bought new in 2005, which has been pretty much trouble free except for changing the projection lamps twice.

Last night, it wouldn't respond to the RCU. I changed batteries, but still no go.
I tried my cable box RCU which can operate it, and also the RCU from my Sony Bravia, and nothing.

Today I discovered that if I held the RCU within about two feet from the TV's IR sensor, it would function. I took the RCU into the bedroom where the Bravia is located, and it worked just fine, from 15 feet away, so it's not the RCU, but the TV.

I have the almost 200 page repair manual for the XBR, but it's damn near like reading Greek; I can't even determine which board is for the IR receiver.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this; it's something that I've never encountered before, the IR receiver dropping it's reception ability.

I can email the repair manual if someone feels they might be able to decipher it.
My confidential ear at Sony engineering level 2 and his engineering codependent couldn't even figure that one in the spendy lab

.The normal Sony thing for that want working I got a free $250.00..Samung 4K HDR 1000+ QDOT SUHD TV anyway it destroys the Sony and 95% the 2017 LED/ LCD TVs on the planet !

the Ext . warranty tech (*pre determined remote phone diag.by fools board puller ) was lost when I was taking to Sony anyway and he causes the main board problem and doesn't even know it LOL Knew it at boot loop andf figed out I de bug it or fix the mainboard or eventually find a salvage that comes and goes on paybay for these because I knew TV wasn't going anywhere at that point

OK I fixed and kept the Sony , BOM $175.00 Ebay and Digikey my new panel code binned $2500.00 Samsung QDOT 4K HDR 1000 SUHD in here ( *FREE *) winstead of cheaper same model series 2016 Sony (a dog) but the Samsung can with some arm twisting

I wasn't taking that 2016 Sony DOG for a better same model tier 2015 Sony with the Samsung in my limit lengthy battle for what I entitled to

lot of delays ...a holes

After fixing TV bogeys and check same and DC volts difficult to re initialize the Sony platform & mainboard

CAUTION if you don't underhand ARM COMPUTING fundamentals ,TV ANDROID System fundamentals and PWM LOGIC maybe stay out this it wont start just get a new salvage or used main board on pay bay and flash it

IN THIS CASE a boot loop re flash can be very difficult and maybe 6 of them or EZpeasy its nothing in manual of or factory manual in * this specific de bug I don't think Sony ever saw it
Noting this TV did have main board hard diag code but not the qualifier voltages for that IOW Silicon doesn't lie (if) it works and & you feed it properly at the right temps.& it not just just worn out

, This tool about a week to put together this is ouside of what sony ever saw and thier boot loop remedy you wont find easily'

Noting (if you have a boot loop ) the panel maybe wont light beyond a couple of flashes at power up if at all until a good main board function is present along with logic,logic feedback and PWM logic all has to be restored before it will start fir a **completed and very difficult firmware load in this case *

Half the story *here * (maybe less ) you can fry panel , mainbaoard or TCON if still good so don't be so be so quick ti try tall betts are off the table , this is not Sony procedure .

EZ part of story ,power up the TV with TCON >main board LVDS ribbon cable [off] the TCON board or mainboard then uising exact procedure not divulged re flash the main-bard and start it up with the so the main board can get the clean panel data broadcast and start normally with the TCON connected but it has lost its mind everything has to e reset including inputs outside of factory defaults or any conforming electronic calibrations (not much on a Sony}

I calibrate all all my panels to conforming standards and my variables BIG +++ don't let anybody tell you NOT ,

SRSLY add in the RF Tuners and HDMI , The main board here is basically an oversize ARM v7 3rd world Android phone without the telecom radio , camera and Mic, that all any of them are now

Samsung is oversize ~flagship Galaxy phone without the phone SRSLY and 100X better (So is the RF Smart remote nd the whol platform end to end and this TV it what a flagship TV is supposed to be

I will brief theve tale of how my crew (me) Found bug + found the only possible cause + via Sony or my e mails to devs ,,Netflix fixed it maybe by 1.mo

Neflix 2.1 suposed to be 5.1 many Sony TV after a brain flash >>>simple cause TV was broadcasting for 2.0 PCM remote Netflix browser identifier not the 5.1 tag and you get what you ask for ,,,,,SIMPLE

like my radio project going on her with maybe somebody(s) all ya gotta do understand with my electron education (s) and my simple mind compared to some .

unless a savvy tech , some don't imagine what we really did at CSU what I did B
Audiokarma