View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:35 PM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Found a black Sony 42A at the swap meet today. The guy only wanted five bucks for it because he was honest and said he remembered it one day just had no picture at all. I brought it home and it's pretty clean as far as the cabinet.....does come on...tuning and sound, but appears to have no HV. Couldn't even get any excitement from JAMMING a finger on the PC board under the little silver HV module (which woulda been quite festive if there WAS any HV).

Figured it was worth the five bucks just for fun....or the perfect antenna, or what is likely a perfect little 4" paddle CRT.

Also scored a little color 5" Magnavox thing for SIX bucks with no wall wart. This is the little Maggie with the built in handle and the torqoise blue power button. Cute little chassis, but nothing exciting really. This one turned out to come on and look flawless, so now have one of those. I have one of these that I could never bring to life...so THAT one is in a shoebox. I got this one to maybe put one together that was working if it needed a CRT or something. Turns out it works perfectly and looks great already...even it's A/V inputs.