View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 12:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
From Mike tonight: “Hi Marshall. I have mentioned in the past, several different ways that I might "jig" this chassis. My choice is now, to jig it to my usual 21FBP22. The picture will show up small in the center of the screen but that is something that is just "understood" because of the difference in the deflection angles of the sweep circuits. The purpose is to see an image and test the circuits. I recently mentioned too that I was not sure what the result would be with the "path" of the electrons on to the individual dots since the deflection angles are different between the 15G and the 21FB. My conclusion on that is, the guns in the crt are placed in such a way (angularly) to target the dots through the aperture mask. And since the crt face is spherical, then that should all be taken care of within the design of the tube being used. In this case the 21FB. The convergence on the 21FB is magnetic as compared to electrostatic on the 15G. So the only convergence that will be correct will be in the center of the screen, which, in my case, is fine for the testing purposes. I have spent this evening making the extension cables for the Westy yoke. The hookup to the jig for the crt will be completed tomorrow night. If all goes well, I might have an image on the screen tomorrow evening. This is going to be fun. And it may be a "first", as far as jigging a 15G chassis to a 21FB.

Cheers, and I wish Farsworth was still here to share in the experiment. I call this "empirical" testing.

Mike”

I’m itching to see video, be it as it may.