View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 11:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile

So when I worked at the mom and pop tv sales and service I started at 15 and left at 26. The writing was on the wall back then even in 1985. About 3 or 4 years later that shop was gone and my bosses newly retired. The new owner was only able to run the business about 4 years and it disappeared. In those 10 years I learned a whole lot about the value of treating a customer with respect and standing behind your word when things went wrong. God now they just sue the pants off you in today's world. Life was indeed simpler then. It's funny when I now work on stuff I wish I had the body strength and hearing and eyesite of that 15 to 26 year old I used to be long ago. I was in a Target store today looking at all the flat screen HD and UHD tv's and the first thought that came to my mind was that none of these tv's would be working or be able to be repaired in 10 years. What landfill waste. It's just sad to me what America has lost. A whole industry that was based on fixing stuff that broke and keeping it running for as long as you could. So, every time I turn on an old tv and have to wait for the sound to come on and then the picture to show and sync up. I am like Bill Cahill and find that to be a thrill. New stuff does not reach me in any way shape or form. Yes, the pictures look amazing on new tv's. But what a cost to our throwaway society they have on our planet. As for me, I will try as long as I am able to watch tv on some sort of CRT based set. It's so satisfying to keep all this old analog stuff running. It's like a kid on Christmas morning lol.
Sony KV-1220U