Thread: my old MX bike
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 02:56 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
Here's my son in the summer of 2013 on his 1974 Suzuki TS185 enduro. That thing can take anything he throws at it, and does! It's simply an awesome machine.

I bought it only needing a new front rim, for $125! Engine was totally gone through. It was, believe it or not, in a dorm room at UB!!! It was owned by the dorm RA, and he got busted with it in his room and he had to unload it FAST, in a snowstorm in January 2013. You should have seen the looks we got as we rolled it down the hall and into the elevator
I'm surprised he did not try to keep it outdoors. On my campus mopeds and bikes (especially those without motors) are the easiest/cheapest things to have. Parking for them is free until there is snow on the ground, and then it still don't cost much. OTOH it is something like 400$ to get a academic year duration parking pass for a car, and the meters ain't much better.... It is like they want to ban car ownership without actually banning it....
You see tons of 2 wheelers around campus mostly consisting of a lot of OLD euro junk that you would not expect to see on the roads anymore, except possibly in much smaller numbers in similar metropolitan downtown areas.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4