View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:52 AM
zenith mad

Back from holidays...

Hello everybody! Sorry for not answering sooner to all the replies but I was on holiday
Compucat I have the user manual for the 24MC32 Zenith tv I just bought. I can send you color scans if you want. I have a meeting this evening with the man I bought the tv from. I will pick it up today and I'm really thrilled! I will post more pictures as long as I get my hands on it! This is not my first roundie nor it is my first Zenith tv. I own A Rca CT-100, an hybrid 23" Zenith made expressly for Pal system and another tube type Zenith color 19", a 15" color sentry portable,a Heathkit GR2701 digital system3 and several b/w portables and a couple of 23" tabletop. All the Zeniths have metal cabinets with woodgrain finish (except the 15" model and the Heathkit console). The Zenith roundie has a metal cabinet too but it is a strange maroon-reddish color, in my opinion not very suitable to match with usual furniture. It comes with a huge external transformer to step down voltage from our 220V to your 115V. Zenith used to be a famous brand here around Florence during the sixties as there was an importer who modified the sets and then sold them. I had the chance to see the warehouse just four years ago; still filled with new in the box roundies! Unfortunately the man (now quite old) told me he intended to keep these last unsold Zenith tvs. Later I known all this was thrown away by his son who needed the place for his business...what a shame!
I will let you know how the roundie works (if he does work...) and I will post pictures. Now I have to pick up the car and go getit. I have more than 300Km to do and I hardly can wait...
Marco