View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 PM
M is for Memory

Exclamation Be careful moving shelves

Since I'm lucky I don't have a concussion right now (some might say I had it coming) I want to pass on yesterdays hard-learned lesson in order to potentially save a few of my fellow numbskulls...And maybe provide someone a laugh.

A while back I struck a great deal with a friend and fellow VK member for a nearly complete set of radio riders books (having the paper when a scan is illegible can be invaluable) I then obtained a thrift store file cabinet for them and proceeded to try and shift some things in "my dungeon of electronic repair and chaos" (AKA my workshop) so that I could place that cabinet next to my sam's file cabinets....

That involved moving one of my catch-all shelving units ~15" over. Being the exceptionally lazy person I am (and craving more abuse after replacing the pads and rotors on Ma's car earlier yesterday) and lacking floor space to completely empty the shelving unit I instead removed just enough (about half from the bottom end up) that I could kinda slide it. The thing was not sliding very smoothly and being one of those plastic jobs it more wanted to bend than slide when pushed in the middle...I soon found myself inching it from the bottom crouched down next to it. Next thing I know I look up and three 1930's American Flyer model train transformers that were on the second shelf from the top were practically on my head...They landed, leaving me with two nice deep punctures in the skin in my hair, some mild scratches to the forehead*, a big lump on my forehead and one of the worst headaches I've ever had...Still kind of hurts when I do this:

*Since the scar in the middle of my forehead from an icicle mishap when I was 3 and a playground mishap when I was ~6 (yes lightning scan strike twice in the same spot) were not distinctive enough.

The moral of the story: unload the whole shelf or wear a helmet when moving it...Or: slapstick is only fun to watch, not fun to try at home. Don't imitate this numbskull.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 09-20-2018 at 08:57 PM.