View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 09:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
The vertical is not so much step by step as it is mess with height lin and centering simultaneously for best results....
And IIRC centering is with the magnets in the yoke?

Quote:
One thing you could try is pulling the vert sweep tube with brightnessat min so the line don't burn the screen vertically center the line then plug the tube back in and try to get height and lin dead on.
OK, so minimum brightness and then center the line on the screen. Got it.

Quote:
If you can't get vert linearity right with the screen filled/overfilled something is wrong with the circuits.
There could well be. That's why I want to try to learn how to do a proper adjustment.

Quote:
Monochrome sets were designed to have signifficant overscan (underscan = warranty complaint=lost profit) to compensate for fluctuations in house hold voltage and unregulated B+ supplies. So don't bother trying to get overscan down....Fighting the design limits is not a good practice.
How do I determine proper overscan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno
For yoke straiten & push up til you get no neck shadow. Usually all the way is fine
What is neck shadow? And does the yoke position affect the focus at all? Or anything else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno
AGC with strong signal turn up til it starts tearing, buzzing etc then turn it back til it just stops.
So, crank up the signal from my BT modulator, then back it off? What is tearing?

Thanks folks!