View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:09 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

I know the purpose of this forum is the exchange of ideas, but the cart in these posts so far is being placed WAY TOO FAR in front of the horse.

Can we please deal with reality for a moment?

We don't even have a rebuilding station built, much less a solid place nailed down to set it up in. That makes talk of which CRT's to rebuild very premature, to say the least.

I think everyone thus far is running on the assumption that ETF will be the place, and I don't think anyone disagrees about that. That makes the next point of discussion what the station will look like. Bob made up a drawing I like, so let's build that.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/crt_project.html

Now all we have to do is get together and build it! Easy right? Not really, if that were so it would be done already. Everyone LIKES the idea of being able to rebuild tubes, but thus far there has been ZERO heavy lifting on getting anything actually DONE. That's because no one so far has surveyed the proposed location at ETF, or drawn up any plans to follow.

So I guess what I'm getting at here is, stop skipping straight to 'GO' when we haven't even left 'Reading Railroad' yet. The first course of action at the moment needs to be working towards a solid set of building plans we can follow, then we can start moving stuff around, running wires/pipes, ect. Once the station is built, we can move on. Everyone in favor of 'Operation build a CRT Station'?

Aye!