View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007

Merrill #116 to be sold soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Deksnis
I'm still in the middle of evaluating this set. It is not pristine by any means, and it does show the stress of four decades in an uncontrolled environment. I can guarantee all the white peaking coils are shot and the 15GP22 is almost certainly full of air, although this is not yet confirmed. The fine tuning knob and channel indicator are missing, but that seems to be all. During the active part of its life, this set spent time as the daily watcher. All in all, it's a set that can be restored....
Am quoting my post last month to point out what I got wrong: this set was not a daily watcher. It was used occasionally by the young children of the caretaker between 1957 and about 1966 when it was placed where you see it in this photo taken earlier today with me in its Staten Island attic home.

As for the 'B111' serial number conundrum, at first inspection, this set exhibits the same production characteristics as any other set whose last four digits lie close to those of this set, which is B1111542. The mystery remains unanswered as to why less than three percent of known CT-100 serial numbers begin with B111 rather than B800.

Dusty and in need of the usual scrub-down for a fifty-year-old plus chassis, this set has otherwise survived its decades in the semiravages of dry, no-rodent-damage storage rather well.

The caretaker, Mike, believes he has his home sold and so the CT-100 must be out of there in the next two months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pete_B1111542.jpg (25.8 KB, 90 views)