View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:54 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Is this one of those things where the cheapies work just as good, or is there a real difference in quality? Also is there any benefit to changing all 8, or am I unlikely to see any others go bad in the future anyway?
Given that the oem ford ones are prone to failing (granted, after ~15 years of use), I really don't think you need to worry about buying cheapie coils. They will either work or not work, there's no measurable difference in performance, only in that they may fail sooner than a higher quality coil (like a BWD coil). But again, since the oem ones are so failure prone, you'll be in the same boat with the cheapies as with the oem. Also, the autozone ones aren't bad, but aren't exactly made of gold, either. Definitely buy a set of 8, since you probably have the original oem coils in there, they're all just as old as the bad one. These particular coils are known far and wide for being failure prone.

In short, the cheapies from ebay will be just fine. If it was my car, I'd buy a set of cheapies, and I'm an actual mechanic.

Also... I bloody warned you about the cylinder numbering on fords.
Audiokarma