View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

1974 Zenith Avanti (25EC58)

This is one of 2 sets I picked up from drh4683 yesterday, it uses the very last of the horizontal solid state chassis, and the SC600 remote. Initially turning it on only revealed 2 minor problems, a dirty vol control and a problem with the channel number lights staying lit. The picture on this set is excellent, the remote unit works consistently, but after watching it for a while last night, I had more trouble with the sound. Sometimes the sound will just cut out entirely, when this happens I can still hear static when I turn the volume control, so the audio output is still working. Turning the set on and off a few times always restores the sound. This uses the 150-214 sound module, which has no transistors, just 2 ICs. Once I fix the sound, this set will probably replace my ctc-10 as my main watching set.

The other set I picked up is this 63 Zenith 19" b/w SC300 in the metal cabinet. The set itself needs some cleaning up, but works fine, although the remote receiver isn't working at all. If anyone has any of the built in antennas that go with these, I now have 3 sets that need them. I also need to come up with something to replace the missing 4 plastic pads on the bottom of this set. I think I could never collect too many Zenith b/w sets in metal cabinets, this is my 5th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74zenith.jpg (100.2 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg 63zenith.jpg (86.1 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by Adam; 03-22-2010 at 02:28 PM.