Thread: New Wheels
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 07:34 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
No one wants to get into a crash, but there are too many bad drivers on the road for ones number to not come up eventually, and anything fast like the Charger/Challenger if driven fast like the design begs is at that much more risk.
Electro M, I'm not from the camp that wets itself in fear if I drive a car without airbags and 1000 pounds of safety sh*t. I have a few cars that never even came with seatbelts and they shall never have them! Anyway you slice it, still safer than a motorcycle. And I've also had huge old boats that demolished ugly modern junk... In fact, every time I watch this; I smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJdHkvIRYw

HOWEVER>>> The Chrysler L-series cars (300, Charger, Challenger) are friggin tanks. Very strong in a crash, not just a bunch of airbags. I sold a 300c to an old man friend (he's 80). He and his wife got hit by a guy who crossed the center lane, near head-on. Not my buddy's fault, his damage began at the door. They both walked away with bruises. Car totally kept its shape. Yes, the plastic fascia crap was ripped away, but that car was tough.

Spare me the '59 Chevy video. Those cars were known for weak X frames when new. Total set-up. And whomever thinks that "crumple zones" began in the 80s; is a moron. More like the marketing began in the 80s. This look like an 80s car?