View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
I think that's the script too, whatever changes the ads, it certainly keeps making the issue work, and so far, on Chrome, I use Ublock Origin. I do white list some sites to support them, but I have some filters that prevent issues like this, and it was triggered on VideoKarma (namely anything that refreshes the page for whatever reason).

My distro is Kubuntu. I grew up on KDE back 17 years ago, and while I've tried many other distros over time, I come back to KDE in the end (though I would like to forget KDE 4 ever existed, that was a nightmare--during that time I preferred Xfce, so Xubuntu was my distro of choice).
UBlock Origin - did it! Page loads are far faster, and it reports several scripts blocked. Page load size is under 200K, finally.

I hope Ublock is set and forget - so far, it's asked me about two scripts - one looks like an adsense thing, and the other is go.fr.siem or something like that. I blocked them both, but will have time tomorrow to play a bit more. Rain has backed up things here, and my day has been busy.

Thanks for the tip on UBlock Origin.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!