View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I need more vintage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
I've fixed a few of those, one had a bad "Jungle" chip, it had no reception but would light up.
Another had a bad Flyback, got one from a donor and fixed it.
A third one came with a broken CRT, fixed with one from the donor set.

They have a really good picture for what they are, I don't recall any buzz in the sound on any of them.
I've had a handful of those little generic 5" B&W TV's in my teens. I remember fondly getting my first one at a garage sale back in the summer of 2004. I watched the Summer Olympics that year on it on car rides. It stopped working not too much longer after that.

A few weeks after it broke (early 2005), I noticed Walgreens had almost identical sets for a measly 30 bucks or so. Man, that thing was a piece of crap. The audio hummed like a bumble bee was trapped inside. I eventually took that thing back to Walgreens and got a GPX branded one at another store with a cooler looking looking casing. It was a much better set overall. I ended up selling that one off at a garage sale a year or two later.

I currently have a 5" Tenkai brand B&W set from 1986 near mint in the box. I occasionally use it for playing video games on or to see if I can pick up any of the remaining analog stations during power outages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1514.jpg (57.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1516.jpg (51.2 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Trance88; 06-24-2012 at 01:35 PM.