View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
This means that the standby supply is at least working to a degree. It may not be just right...but it IS working.

NOW--what you need to look for it: are you getting a "power on" command to the PS board, from the signal board ?? This will appear ONLY when you press the power button, on the set or remote. It should NOT be there when the set is off.

Hook up the PS board, and monitor the power on line. If it is at 3V. or so before you hit the power button, see if it "changes' to a low, near 0. If it is already 0, see if it goes to about 3 volts. One way or another it MUST see a BIG change--in order to turn the "run supply" on.
When I plug the set in, I get two clicks. I don't get a lit standby led and the power on/off switch does nothing. If I monitor the poweron pin on the output of the power supply when I plug the unit in, I initially get a small voltage reading of around a volt but then drops to zero.

The white fuse resistor is OK as well as any of the other fuses and resistors on the board.

Something I just tried... if I connect a 3 volt power supply up to the poweron pin, the relay clicks twice without any ac going to the power supply. It does this three of four times with 10 seconds or so in between the double clicks before the relay stops clicking all together.
Audiokarma