View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 12:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sony standby blinks twice-Adventure

Hello ladies and fellas.
Maybe someone has some input they could share.
Recently I was given a Sony KV-24fs120, dated Dec 2004, BA6 chassis. I had no idea if it even worked or not as I have another and would save this for parts regardless. As it turns out it did not and produced the 2 blink diag code. This TV falls in the sweet spot for gamers 19-(20-25)-27" and I decided to attempt to fix it.
Here's what I have:
Nothing burned or smell. Fuse is good, double checked with dvom. I found no swelled or leaking caps. I went over the entire underside and found no bad joints either.
Jumping the gun, before gathering more information, I went ahead and replaced the ic chip that comes up quite frequently as the culprit. Note*-this model only has 1 chip versus 2 on many Sonys. After replacement I plugged it back in and no change, still the same 2 blinks. @#$%&!!!

Long story short I am leaning towards the "hot" horizontal output transistor and also the flyback transformer. After reading and reading this is what I came up with. (I think)
See my enclosed pictures. After I went back and looked at things again, I can say that flyback has A LOT of miles on it.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? I know too well to put genuine Sony parts back on it but I see aftermarket parts around. Are any of those any good? Electronix?

Before I go spending more $ I figured I would ask. Thank you in advance.

P.S.-Has anyone ever used another flyback from a similar TV say like a kv-27fs120? Part numbers are a task to find as well.

Again thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170623_232929.jpg (54.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170623_232953.jpg (57.6 KB, 26 views)