Thread: 1993 Goldstar?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:19 PM
real TVs have a CRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fixer View Post
what i remember about Goldstar was when they first sold tv's here around the middle 80's. They had a 13" portable that retailed for $99 which was half of any other color portable "I had a rca xl100 portable that i got for a christmas present that sold for $199.00 as it was advertised in a the sunday paper then" The goldstars only came with a 30 day guarantee and about 6 months later several church members who knew i liked to tinker with radios and tvs gave me their dead 6 month old sets that cost more to fix than they cost. Most of the problems were horrible solder joints. the circuit boards had lead cicles as in "lead icicles", it looked like they were using old tire weights in their lead wave soldering machines. I got a couple of them working but after a while i stopped taking them in because they were taking up too much room in my parents basement.
I understand why they changed their name to LG instead of Lucky Goldstar, It is hard to accept that LG killed Zenith then hollowed them out to to a rubber stamp brand.
I had a 1985 B/W Gold star tv and it had very good picture. I gave the seat to a friend and still works to this day. The CRT is getting weak but it's still very watchable picture. I'm not the biggest fan Gold Star.

Last edited by liammc00; 09-30-2019 at 02:45 PM.