View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 07:50 PM
M is for Memory

I'd disconnect 1-7 and maybe pin 8...You could probably leave them connected for short powerups. The issue is that the screen grid will act like a plate if the plate is disconnected (or presents a higher resistance path, such as when the damper tube looses emission) and there will be screen current in excess of the dissapation specs damaging the tube on extended powerups.

The high B+ voltages are interesting. I no longer have a schematic for this chassis so without schematic voltage figure I can only gestimate how high the voltages are.

Be aware that the flyback is a large portion of the load on the B+ system, and when it is not drawing any current the B+ will be high. Also these sets have no B+ regulator circuits and expect around 115V input....If your line voltage is say 120V or higher, then that will also help push the B+ above spec.

The lower voltage rails may have reduced load on them from other circuits not drawing current...Vertical, audio out, and video amps are among the higher current loads on the lower B+ rails in most sets.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma