View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 06:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain94 View Post
Also question regarding L 40 and L 42 adjustable inductors on the dynamic convergence plate on back of tv. The sam's photofact schematic does not show dots for the inductors but instead three horizontal lines with a downward diagonal line arrow one the right of each of those inductors. What direction are they supposed to go? The NOS replacements I got are not as obvious as the original zenith branded oem ones. From what I understand inductors do not have polarity per say but can influence polarity?
For one coil inductors, really don't made a difference in adjusting (results/value depends only about the slug position), unless if have a PM like linearity control, but makers for sure padronize positions/connections, to facilitate assembling and helping QC.
EDIT: in some secial cases, with crammed circuits and coils very close, is good to follow the original position, due to cross coupling/leaking magnetic fields, but I'm pretty sure that in a normal TV this cannot be a issue for these circuits.

Last edited by Alex KL-1; 07-14-2023 at 06:57 AM.
Audiokarma