View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I remember in the summer of 1969, my Dad took all of us to New York City. What an AMAZING place, especially for a 12 yr old boy from the wilds of Tennessee.. I remember we walked down this one street that had NOTHING but electronics shops on it,& OMG-I had died & gone to Heaven ! There were a BUNCH of those Symphonic "Minni TVs" all playing in one shop's showcase, I THINK they had a similar bunch of Sony 4" & 5" playing. There MAY have been one of the fabled 7" Trinitron-KV-7010Us, too, but I can't say for sure. And then there were the CARS-Like a lot of 12 yr old boys, I had a "Radar" that would go off when an interesting car rode by... I had to IGNORE it, the Caddy limos were almost "Overloading" it. Quite a few Rolls & Mercedes 600s, too. Not too many "Sports Cars", however, Manhattan just wasn't a good place to be tootling along in a Maserati. or Ferrari. I was JUST starting to think that Girls might actually be good for something beyond tossing rocks at, had LOTS to look at in THAT dept, too..