View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodronics View Post
Gudday Troy [?],

I can fill in some gaps for WA, and make a few corrections...

ABW's three studio KCU-40Bs were last on-air in 1989, I know because
I bought them soon after [and still own them]. The five 40Bs in OB lasted a few more years.

TVW had eight LDK5's, one LDK15 and NO LDK25s. Several of these are preserved in WA. Later about six Sony BVP-360 - AFAIK the last SD tube cameras made in the world??

STW had at least six Pye Mk Vs. I have the oldest one [lowest serial number] in my collection. One other is in Wireless Hill Telecommunications Museum but not on public display.

STW went colour intially with four ex-LWT or Thames TV Marconi MkVIIs [I own one, one other proudly displayed in Wireless Hill]. Later they moved on to Fernseh but with different models in each studio! ~3 KCP [one inch] in news, ~3 KCK [1.25"] in 'the barn'/OB and ~3 KCU [1.25"] in Com Prod.

NEW didn't go on air until well after colour so NO B&W cameras for them!

BTW [now GWN] had two Sony BVP-360s which replaced the TK76/760s you mention.

VEW started with a TGL [Aussie made!] TVCS 10 B&W camera.

GTW used a few Philips LDK-14s with studio VFs as required.

That's probably enought to keep you busy for now
Thanks for all that great info, I have updated my camera list page adding and correcting with this info you provided http://www.troysvintagevideo.741.com/cameralist.html .

I am very interested in knowing more about that Aussie made TGL TVCS 10 B&W camera, do you have pics of it and is it an image orthicon camera or vidicon or single plumbicon tube? And do you know of any more Aussie made cameras used at TV stations?