View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Does the term "Scag" mean the same thing as it does on this side of the border. Here it means a not-too-desirable young lady.
No, it's short for scumbag. I also use some Australian slang; I lifted that one from Mad Max. I've never heard it used in such a way up here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly0410 View Post
The only 'scag' I've heard of are the brilliant US country singer Ricky Skaggs & Boz Scaggs. We use 'skank' or skanky' to mean a not so clean or innocent girl. Another name for not so pretty girls is 'munter' some of my ex-girlfriends were munters, lol. A word I use for when I don't feel on top form is 'grob' i.e. "I woke up feeling a bit grob this morning." A word I use for talk/talking is 'yabber' or 'yabbering.' I sunburned my head while yabbering to the bloke across the road, BTW this is true, lol...
I've heard the first two terms used to describe them but not often. Munter, another good one. As good as they may look on the outside they're often munters inside lol. I try to stay out of the sun, burning easily is only one reason. I picked up a couple of fluorescent ballasts recently; missing the bus I planned to use for the first leg of the trip buggered up everything. On the flip-flop (lifted that term from Convoy) I was thinking something like "Where's the blasted bus? I'm going to burn out here". and I did. Both routes servicing the area came only once an hour early in the afternoon. The bus system here could be described as a right pile of bilge, lol.

By the way this time of year really brings the worms out of the woodwork, among them a lot of ricers and scoot jockeys. The noise really grinds my gears. There's also a Trans Am around here that's so loud I mistook it for one of those huge late-model redneck pickups at first. Whoever drives the thing must burn a lot of gas in this area, constantly coming and going and revving the thing.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-24-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Audiokarma