View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
A little history of the FM bands:

http://www.damninteresting.com/the-t...h-of-fm-radio/

I don't find any reason to believe that it *ever* extended to 109 mhz in the US.

jr
Then why would there be several American made radios from the 1940s (including my example I mentioned earlier) that would have 109 Mhz listed on their FM Dials if it never went that high at some point in time? You can't just randomly manufacture an AM/FM Radio that includes a part of the FM Broadcast spectrum that never existed and expect the radio to sell (which obviously in the case of this old Bendix it must of sold a few or else this one never would of existed) so obviously the modern FM Band must of went up to 109 Mhz at some point in time in order for manufacturers to even have a reason to put it on their radio dials when they made them, otherwise it would of been false advertising.

And yes I know all about the history of FM broadcasting I've read the wikipedia entry about it several times now, and just like your article you listed it didn't make any mention about any sort of history of different frequency changes or additions or subtractions to the FM Band in its long 70+ year history dating back to 1938, they make mention about the major changes to the FM Band like talking about its initial bandspread when it was initially conceived of in 1938 of 42-50 Mhz and then they make mention about the change from the 42-50 Mhz bandspread to the 88-108 Bandspread and then the conception of FM Stereo and FM Quadraphonic, and that's about it, but they don't make any mention about any time in history when the FM Band may or may not of included 109 Mhz in it, which it would of had of had included it at some point in time in order for manufacturers to put it on their radio dials otherwise like I said you run into fraud issues.

Last edited by Captainclock; 11-23-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Audiokarma