View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:57 PM
M is for Memory

On Channel 9 I have an AM40 throwing signal at least 3 houses down the block at max power.

I've got horizontal polarization, I followed shango66's youtube vid except for not having a SWR meter when I made it (I have access to a network analyzer (which makes a SWR meter look like a cheap toy) at work so I may remake my antennas soon). One thing to note Shango used an equation that probably came from ham radio and probably assumed 50ohm (or maybe 300) transmission line instead of the 75ohm the BT uses...He cut the antenna length down to tune it to the line impedance.....If I recall my antennas elective correctly to tune a dipole to TX line impedance you need to change it's length by a percentage...That percentage holds over frequency so calculate what percent he trimmed, and remove the same percent of your length.

Also what your house is made of and where your ant is within it will affect reception...Ductwork, tile, masonry, stone, pipes, many layers of floor, metal furniture, people (yes when people move multipath varies) all can attenuate or reflect your signal...If you didn't see your house built from a frame avoiding that stuff is pure guess work...It does seem like my basement and 2nd floor rigs don't like to talk to each other static free though (despite traveling as much as a block radially).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4