View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 12:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
What is the source of this claim? Power systems (in the U.S., at least) have historically been regulated to produce correct time of day with motor driven clocks, as far as I know. I cannot think of a reason to run fast on average.

Here are some actual measurements from a place in the Netherlands:
https://wwwhome.ewi.utwente.nl/~ptde...20using%20them.

However, the freedom from transients, dropped cycles, etc., has not necessarily improved over time.
Good observation.

Too many coincidences with too many observations led me to believe that (along with some other technicians frinds of mine), even after talking with a colleague that is from a sector near the operators here in the Itaipu DAM (where I work, but at other sector not related to this). He is not a authority in this subject, but he explained at that time the same explanation in this page you mention here, that the ONS here (National Electric System Operator; Operador Nacional do Sistema Elétrico in Brazilian Portuguese) enforces exactly mean 60Hz in long run, but I didn'd see a graph for the long run, and I wondered if in a month the national grid deviated slight above 60Hz mean.
In short run, frequency is subject to some variations due to various demands.
And I talked with him about this same subject of clocks at that time, but he believe that all clocks being bad filtered etc.

Perhaps I need to ask to an actual operator about this subject.

Of course, is not possible to cathegorize my clock being ultra scientific accurate (more professional measuring is needed). And, of course, most other ones have paltry filtering.

That's correct, is a belief, to be yet checked with some more professional work (or to find one already made); maybe the more correct sentence here is: "I strongly believe that in practice this"...