Thread: Rca ctc-5h
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Tinker

Over the last few weeks I was able to get the chroma circuits working marginally. They could be better. I found the original, from 1957, 3.58 mc crystal to be dead. I installed a newer crystal. This set uses color killer and color burst pots, which seem to have no effect on turning off the color. The color signal passes through anyway.
I extended the black plastic yoke spacers. This made it easier to draw the yoke inward or outward and install the thumb screw nuts.
After I got the color working I had to get back to the issue of color purity. No matter what I did adjusting the yoke, convergence coil assembly, blue lateral magnet or purity rings ; I was unable to get a total red screen. Last weekend at the WARCI in Madison, VK member IsthmusTV, suggested I re-install the original purity magnets as a solution. It ended up that in my case the six original purity magnets got me to a far more consistent red screen. The three magnets on the left side of the screen had the greatest effect. The three right side magnet needed almost no adjustment. Thank you Clark . The fine convergence adjustments for this set leave a lot to be desired. When my wife and I return from the Columbus Zoo and ETF Convention,I'll get back to this set again.
Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-004S.JPG (36.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-018S.JPG (38.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-015S.JPG (37.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-024S.JPG (38.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-012S.JPG (38.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-014S.JPG (38.9 KB, 55 views)