View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 02:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK so here's what I have so far:

I replaced the 2 6800 MFD 35V coupling caps in the amplifier circuit (the capacitive coupling capacitors) and I hooked the stereo back up and turned it on and the speaker protection fuse for the right channel isn't blowing anymore but I still have no audio coming out of the right channel speaker, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

I tested the STK Chips specifically the one for the right channel and it seems to be testing normally (its not testing blown, as its putting out the same voltages and resistance readings as the left channel STK Chip which is the good one).
So now I'm kind of confused, what else would be causing the the no audio output on the right channel if its not the STK Chip being shorted?
I still plan on replacing the right channel STK Chip just in case but the symptoms the stereo is having currently is throwing me for a loop.

I would of posted a picture of the schematics for the amplifier stage for this receiver but its a part of a larger service manual that is in PDF format which I can't just get the amplifier stage schematics out of.