View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 12:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcophan View Post
While you're in the neighborhood and if you have the tools to test... I'd recommend load testing each and every battery and kicking out those that don't pass muster. It's been quite a while since I played with the boss's beloved Prius... a vile car to work on for sure... seems you need three wrists and two elbows to get at most things... wait till you must replace the HID lamp or power supply... a real day at the beach...!!! Since I retired, he bought another one... guess I wasn't there to fix the thing. Somewhere around here I have a service manual I downloaded from the bit torrents or one of the newsgroups... hunt it down and download it as it is quite the manual!!! Good luck!!

Jim

PS: BTW, he went to Spain from December to March and the car sat in the garage and the battery came up to 100% within 30 to 45 minutes of driving!!!... not even close to my expectations.
Mine has the regular halogen, incandescent type lamps. It was still fun. You had to use a mirror, because it's so tight in there.
There was some kind of a coolant valve, that was leaking. $434.00 later, the check engine light was still on.
I always address any leaks, as my cats have access to the garage.
More later, Gentlemen.
Audiokarma