View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

ok heres the deal on the original tr1010p that i kind of given up on. i learned alot from the 2nd 1010 that i got and fixed and it seems like i missed alot because for some reason when i recapped the the first one i failed to look close at the traces both top and bottom of the board. so now im back on it and of course i found 3 traces that were corroded that i never seen on the top side of the board. so i put jumpers in and now im waiting for another verticle ic because i shorted the one in it. what i learned on the second one was , duh, check the top of the board because i started by taking the back off and went very slow and where ever the solder was discolored i checked the top and bottom and repaired these places and it was fine. the only thing with this set was i could not get the height right and it could have been the height pot resistance was out somewhat but i was able to place a resistor across the verticle coil on the yoke to correct this but i then had just alittle bit missing on the top of the screen so i placed a resistor from one side of the vert yoke coil to ground and now a perfect full screen. i could have pulled the chassis out again to check the height pot but these chassis dont like to be taken in and out as the ribbon is very fragile and besides i didnt have to take anything apart to put these resistors in when i was done i just had to put the back on, nothing else disturbed. and the height control works the way it should as well. so ill see what happens after putting the vert ic in and hope i get verticle sweep this time.