View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Buddy of mine & his college roomate had a unique way of defrosting THEIR fridge....Taking a soldering iron, making holes in the ice, then stuffing a Bottle Rocket in the holes, & setting it off...BLAMMO ! But it worked...Both these guys were pretty smart & had WAY too much time on their hands...Which is always DANGEROUS...(grin)
I'm amazed the entire refrigerator didn't explode into the proverbial "million pieces" when the bottle rocket(s) went off.

You are so right about your friend and his college roommate having too much time on their hands. Did they get away with their very risky stunt?

Using any kind of explosive device if you don't know (or are not sure of) what you are doing can be lethal, as well as risky and/or downright dangerous. Were they living in an off-campus apartment or in a dormitory? In either situation, I'd think they would have been sternly warned or even punished if word of their stunt ever got out. If they were in a dormitory, they would likely hear from the campus police; if they were in an off-campus apartment, they would get the boom lowered on them (and possibly evicted) by the landlord.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.