View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 12:33 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauberich View Post
@Electronic M:
Sorry 'still trying to understand the massage.
Is it: "..If the phishing alert goes on it will do so for a reason?" And by that it means "Yes, there is in fact something wrong with your website"?

So if I want to get rid of theses "off side scrips": How can I do so? What typically causes this messages?

Thanks for your help on that.

Best, Stefan
I did not notice anything like a phishing warning.

Off site scripts are scripts that do not originate from the URL of the site you are visiting. For instance Videokarma.org has some scripts needed for it to display correctly, it also has scripts from Google_____.com (god only knows what they do), and skimresources.com (turns certain words typed like "Sony" and "Ebay" into advertisement links). Most sites only 'need' the scripts associated with their URL to work the rest of the scripts being associated with adware, junkware and sometimes viruses (hence why I block scripts).

From what I understand scripts are essentially small programs sent to make functionality of sites work....I'd like to give you a better description, but I've never built a web site or delved into that sort of thing before....I'm just a user.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4