View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I did not notice anything like a phishing warning.

Off site scripts are scripts that do not originate from the URL of the site you are visiting. For instance Videokarma.org has some scripts needed for it to display correctly, it also has scripts from Google_____.com (god only knows what they do), and skimresources.com (turns certain words typed like "Sony" and "Ebay" into advertisement links). Most sites only 'need' the scripts associated with their URL to work the rest of the scripts being associated with adware, junkware and sometimes viruses (hence why I block scripts).

From what I understand scripts are essentially small programs sent to make functionality of sites work....I'd like to give you a better description, but I've never built a web site or delved into that sort of thing before....I'm just a user.
Google ads runs the scripts - it helps to pay for V-K. GoogleBot may run on javascript - it indexes all the posts to make V-K appear in Google search results. And then there is Google Analytics - helps the webmaster deal with demographics (where, when, and who) to better aim the Google adwords and to improve the site, and also to help in the case of script injection (rare here because of the simplicity) or Denial-of-Service attacks (shut off offending IP addresses that continuously load/reload the page, tying up server resources).

This message brought to you by Google Webmaster Tools(TM)

Google - it's everywhere it wants to be.....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma