View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTim View Post
Tim is right.

If the recycler knows you are serious then you will probably get a few calls from him.

Years ago, I was told about a guy that recycled computers (this was a LONG time ago). I bought complete working PCs with monitors for under $30. This was in the days when Pentium I computers were coming out. My original PC served me well for many years and it did not cost a bundle. I say go for it!
Well in the days of Pentium I computers, computers were for the most part not recycled, (not junked as worthless, like today) and a PC's cost was well over $1500. new. That guy most likely took those machines upgraded them, and resold them for about $500.+ I did that myself back in the 486/586 days..... Back then a computer was sold with 16meg ram, barely ran new, an upgrade to 64meg cost $200. and made it run like an indy car....(as close as a 133mhz 586 can come to an indy car anyway) That guy was kind, and probably had more work than he could handle, and didn't care if one guy got one computer, he was most likely the only guy in town doing that work at the time too....

Last edited by Username1; 03-15-2014 at 04:33 PM.