View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If keeping that phone is more important than the carrier and your not confident you can go back if mint doesn't work, then you may want to first try and get a cheap prepaid sim from mint to test the phone with before switching number and turning off your old plan.

There's an old proverb about making sure the new bucket holds water before getting rid of the old one...Good words to live by in situations like this.
I'm already 90% sure it's going to work. MetroPCS that I have right now is a T-Mobile MVNO, and Mint is an MVNO as well on the T-Mobile network. Both are no different. The SIM card Mint is sending is a 4G LTE SIM, that's the same kind of SIM Metro gave me 2 years ago (not a 5G SIM, which won't work in the Nokia). So the SIM versions are the same, same network, frequency, both are MVNO's (which was in the 2G specification by the time the Nokia was made anyway), I honestly am sure it'll work.

But at this point saving money was more important, so if I need to put the SIM in my smart phone, it's not entirely a deal breaker. It will suck, but Mint has the best deal in my area for services with coverage.