View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 01:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
That is a beautiful picture. What are your thoughts on the WebOS interface and magic remote?
The WebOS has been around for awhile, but it’s easy to use. I’d like to see more apps. The remote virtual cursor takes some time getting use to. It’s like if you never used a touch pad on a laptop kind of thing. The cursor can be adjusted to three sizes and the voice command is nice. I don’t have any Google products as I prefer Apple, but you can control your Google home devices.

I was surprised how fast the web browser is. You can adjust web page sizes and they really look good with the DCI-P3 deep color. I haven’t tried the virtual laptop style keyboard yet. Another nice feature is the Gallery mode which displays beautiful artwork and photography. I’d rather have it than not.

The biggest surprise is the “sound bar” quality of audio. There is a thin speaker grill strip in black which runs the width of the display and blends in with the bottom bezel and you hardly notice it. There are built in subs in the back bumpout. I set the audio for Dolby Atmos. When we bought the set, we thought we would need a sound bar. No auxiliary speakers as the set is in a guest bedroom. The sound is spacious, like a very good sound bar of larger size and we don’t need a sound bar and well suited for a bedroom. The sound stage opens up well past the TV screen with good bass notes.