View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 06:02 PM
TheUniversalDave1

I got my first antique radio in winter of 2013. It was a Philco 41-231, which I'm sure some of you will remember, I attempted to do a full recap but ended up doing way more damage. After that incident, I hated radios, and I hated the though of working on them, but I still wanted to experience the joy that the old Philco once brought me. So I set out on a quest to get as many antique radios as possible in efforts to get that joy back. But on August 27, 2014, I found a Philco 42-327, and it changed my life. I became fascinated with radios once again, and since then, I have learned an inconceivable amount of information, from going to the radio club and from you guys. Time went on, the Philco kept on playing, and I started finding more radios. By this time, they were pretty much coming out of the woodwork. Then, on July 20, 2015, my life changed again when we got cable TV. All I had was my 1989 Zenith 19", and I decided "I WANT a roundie console TV." Time went on, and I found no roundie, so I settled for my 1979 Quasar that I cleaned up. Then, on January 20 2016, I got my first console TV. And my story has to end there because supper is ready...