View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
It's already making my ass hurt lol, that was one hell of a weekend trip. Tim P, how do you do it!

1200 miles later, everything that was picked up at the museum is now safely back in my garage awaiting work. I have here all the CRT rebuilding machinery I picked up in LA (check the rebuilding forum for details on that), and a Westy chassis eagerly awaiting my technical know-how. In the months to come I will be posting a lot of pictures and documenting what I'm doing, people rarely get a chance to see this deep into a Westy chassis so it's a good opportunity to catch a glimpse of the inner workings of a Unicorn.

Ben, do you have a picture hosting site I could have access to? I'd put them up on my site but it's not really where they belong, and I wouldn't be able to promise you they would be there for the future anyway. Ideally if I had access to your favorite host (even if only at the FTP level), it would allow me to make quick updates to the thread because I wouldn't have to email you pics and wait, and you'd also be able to archive them from the host any time you want. I realize that's a lot of trust, but I already have your chassis so...

Promise I'll keep the naked midget pole dancer uploads to a minimum. lol
I trust you completely Nick. I wouldn't have sent a "unicorn" home with someone I don't trust lol

My three biggest concerns with this restoration were:
  1. Finding someone competent, with experience with a 15 inch chassis
  2. Finding someone I trusted
  3. Finding someone that is "type A" when it comes to horizontal setup and HV setup. Unlike some idiots, I like to run my HV sections at spec, and not at some random voltage pulled out of my ass...
You're the first person that came to mind that ticked all three boxes.

I just recently registered a new domain for a website I'm intending to build, detroitvintagetv.com, in the same vain as Phil's Old Radios site or Bob's Antique TVs. I now have a collection with a large enough number of oddities to warrant such a site. Document the sets, their restoration, etc. I should have the web-server set up by tomorrow afternoon, Thursday afternoon at the latest, and will forward FTP information to you at that point.

Last edited by benman94; 04-11-2018 at 02:03 PM.