View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Around here the hospitals (at least the few that I have been in either as a patient or a visitor) vary a lot depending on which section you are in and whether you are a public or private patient.

A friend in the private section got a flat screen with cable that included the "premium" channels. A friend in yet another section got nothing at all in his room and the communal set in the lounge area was a Philips K12 from around 1979 with rabbit ears - a decent set, but this one was getting tired and the rabbit ears weren't helping.

Where I was in 2010 (which was in the process or extending and upgrading at the time, so it's probably different now) had mostly 90s BPC CRT sets in patient rooms, though some rooms had already gotten LCDs. Communal areas were a mix of both older and newer CRTs and some LCDs, but they were all running off the same in house feed of remodulated analog over the air channels and a couple of in house channels. The picture was pretty bad regardless of what set you were looking at.

That said I consider it a good thing that I got through it intact enough to nitpick about the TVs at all.