Thread: K-cars
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:14 AM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
I asked on the Allpar forum about whether or not the missing amplifier was the cause of the no-sound issue, and got conflicting responses.
Honestly, it depends on the head unit. There were about 10 different styles, some required the amp, some did not, and some that did not were paired with an amp anyway, and then some others were meant to work with the early Imperial's setup: one baby amp on each speaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
I believe these cars used an electric cooling fan rather than one run from a serpentine belt. Not sure of the belt layout for the 3.5L V6
Both the 3.3 and 3.5 had a serpentine belt with auto tensioner, and a manually tensioned V belt for the AC only. On my car, I was constantly tightening the AC belt. But the AC always worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The 3.3 evolved into the 3.8 and possibly the 4.0.
My next-door neighbor bought a used Chrysler Pacifica with a 4.0. I said, if that's the engine I think it is, it'll be around for a long time.
The 3.8 is legit just a bored 3.3 lol. Almost all parts are identical, aside from the block and pistons. Likewise the 4.0 is just an overgrown 3.5. :P On the bright side, the 3.5 had been around for almost 10 years by the time the 4.0 came out, I'm fairly certain they've worked out the kinks. Tell your neighbor to keep up on T belt maintenance, I'm sure it'll be fine.