View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson View Post
Well put "radiotvnut",I agree with you 100 per cent.
Dads used to be a force to be reckoned with,now they suffer from "peter pan" syndrome,nobody wants to grow up and be responsible.
These "peter pan" parents are the type who's kids pitch a fit in public and, at best, their mommy or daddy tells them, "Now, stop that or you're going in time out (for 3 minutes)". My parents would have warmed my rear end right there on the spot and it would not have mattered who did or did not like it.

These "peter pan" parents are the reason there is virtually no punishment in schools because they threaten legal action against the school system if they touch their innocent little darlings. And, any trouble their kids get in to is not their fault. It's always due to an "unfair" teacher or someone else. When I was in school, my Mother told them to warm my rear end if I got into trouble and to let them know because I'd get it again when I got home. I knew they meant business and I did everything I could to behave in school.

These "peter pan" parents are the type who allow their kids to "negotiate" with them. There wasn't any "negotiation" with my parents. When they said do something, I did it and I knew better than to ask "why".

These "peter pan" parents give their kids everything they want on a silver platter because "they don't want their kids to grow up doing without certain things like they had to do".

Then, these "peter pan" parents wonder, when their kids become adults, why they are into drugs, are in jail, and/or can't take care of themselves without having to depend on mommy and daddy for money every month.