View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstaton View Post
I've had used boards that failed shortly after installation. I have also gotten boards from ebay that said they were tested and arrived with a blown fuse. And some boards will work for years. They fail because they are run at their limits and get very hot, Best not to try a chip replacement yourself the first time. I took me awhile to get it down without damage. It's not as straight forward as you may think. A bad or partially shorted screen of buffers on the verge of failure can also cause boards to fail. LG made buffers hold up better than Samsung buffers by far. Samsung buffers usually fail first and take out the Y-sus and then it becomes very expensive very fast.
IPM's usually fail with a large bang that immediately blows the fuse but the set will generally stay running. Usually only one goes bad but sometimes both go bad.
OK, well I guess I'll just have to try my luck with a used board from ebay and hope for the best, as I certainly can't afford nor justify spending over $100 to send the board in for repair to Coppel's TV Repair as suggested by one of the other members here, seeing as I would have more wrapped up into this unit than its worth then if I did that and wouldn't be able to make any money on the TV If I went to sell it, in fact I would be loosing money if I sold the TV at only $100 when I had over $120 into the unit, I'd rather make $40 than loose $20 when I went to sell the TV. So yeah, I'll just hope that the Y-Sustain Board doesn't go out when I get the replacement installed (although if its working when I sell it and it goes out on the next person who owns it, then its their problem and not mine.)