View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 03:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
It depends what condition the cabinet is in! If the cabinet is in good condition, it's worth trouble-shooting a little further!
Remove all the tubes but the 6F6 and the rectifier and see if it still hums, proving it's a power supply issue. If so, bridge the electrolytics and see if it clears the hum. The power supply is a rather simple supply using a grounded B minus.
The Cabinet is actually in pretty decent shape yet, but I did try what you suggested last night before I even saw that you suggested it, and it still has a hum, actually the hum got worse when all but the 6F6 and the 5Z4 were removed from the chassis.

I didn't try bridging the electrolytics yet, but I'm not sure what you mean by that, do you want me to bridge all of the ground connections from the electrolytics?
If so I'm not sure how I would go about doing that seeing as all of them are grounded to the chassis in some way, shape, or form so they should technically already be bridged, seeing as the chassis is the common ground in this case.
Audiokarma