View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Old TVs are better!

Well, I got the replacement power supply board, installed it and it powered up. Picture is great, but not quite as it should be though. I have full screen, good color, no missing areas on the screen or solid lines, etc. But at times there are small digital sparkles, (sort of like snow you would see on a weak analog channel but finer) and it sort of looks like very fine (analog looking) horizontal trace lines like you would see on a low def. CRT set. Picture is bright, crisp looking, otherwise normal. One time (and only once) I tapped the Y sustain board and the sparkles disappeared, but came back once the set cooled off and I turned it on again. I am just receiving local high def channels over the air as of now. It's hard right now for me to take a photo screen shot as it had been wall mounted and I do not have a base here for it, so I have it leaning up against a wall with cardboard boxes bracing it so it doesn't slide over or break. I am suspecting the Y sustain board, as it is producing a low audible buzz noise. I ordered a replacement Y sustain, and I'm hoping that will take care of the problem. Here are some pictures of some parts of the screen taken at close range. Any thoughts? I hope I'm on the right track. All heat sinks run quite warm to the touch, but I assume that is normal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0010.jpg (52.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0014.jpg (134.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (144.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0013.jpg (106.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0011.jpg (142.2 KB, 20 views)