View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 10:01 PM
<----Zenith C845

I have an Icom IC-T22AT handheld and also a Baofeng UV-5R-Plus HT (the model which superseded the original UV-5R) which at least keep me active on the local ham club's 2m repeater. I cannot presently use the UV-5R+ as I cannot seem to be able to set the repeater offset for the local repeater (147.81-21); that is, I know the offset is +600, but the manual is not clear at all as to how to set it. The UV-5R+ instruction manual is very poorly written, probably par for the course since that HT is made in China.

BTW, I am still trying, with no luck yet, to set the password which would allow me to use my Echolink software with the local repeater. This password is the only thing standing between me and a fully operational Echolink system, as I had for quite a while until the computer broke down last month; the person who repaired it erased everything on my hard drive including, yup, you guessed it, the Echolink software I had installed months earlier. I would much rather use that with my computer than my Icom HT, as the latter's audio output is extremely low unless I use an external headset-microphone. If I must use that from now on, I will (it works very well, as the repeater is only about two miles from me), but if there is any other way I can set up the Echolink software to work with the computer as I once had, I would much rather take that route.

Thanks much and 73.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.