View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

[QUOTE=mstaton;3154074]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackN920 View Post
Sucks to read about what happened to your old van, Kamakiri. That body shot didn't look bad.
Hey Arcanine, I've never seen one of them (rebadged) Ford pickups before. The only thing close to that, that I remember is the Chevy Luv pickup. I think dodge had a rebadge little pick up too, but I don't remember the name.

Chevy Luv=Isuzu
ford Courier=Mazda
dodge d50=Mitsubishi

interestingly enough, all 3 still have ties with these Japanese company's

I always thought AMC vehicles were interesting using different manufacturers parts. Generally the engines were AMC, Automatics were Chrysler, Power seats were GM, Steering column was GM, P/S pumps were Saginaw(GM), ignition systems were Ford duraspark(usually), A/C/heat look GM. Did they use Spicer axles?

I owned a lot of Volvo's over the years. They did the same thing in the 80's. DAna rear axles, Aisin automatics, Saginaw P/S pumps, engine was Volvo, Brakes were ATE or Girling
Yeah those amc vehicles were pretty cool. They made some fairly ugly cars too but I always had a thing for the gremlins though. I don't think I'd want a vehicle made of different parts. With so many choices on the road, I have no idea what made them want to combine like that. First time I seen one of those dodge mitsu trucks, I was like wth?