View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Banned

42" Hewlett Packard Plasma TV powers up but doesn't give a picture

Hello Everyone today I bought off the salvage pile at work a 42" Hewlett Packard Plasma HDTV Model Number PL4260N that when I got it home to try it out it would power up like its supposed to except for it wouldn't give a picture. I googled the symptoms and supposedly the Y-Sustain Board or the Z-sustain board was possibly the problem with one person reporting that his TV was brought back to life when he simply replaced the 4A 250V Ceramic fuses in the Y-Sustain Board (which when I tested the fuses on my Y-Sustain Board one of the fuses tested good yet and one of them tested bad using a resistance test) so I went to radio shack to see if they had the fuses I needed and all they had were the glass fuses and no ceramic fuses (apparently this TV will only power up if you have 4A 250V Ceramic Fuses in the circuit, anything else and it refuses to power up) anyways so I check the local Ace Hardware and all they had were the large fuses and not the smaller fuses in the 4A 250V Ceramic type, so I checked out Menard's and they didn't have anything either, and I'm running out of places to source these fuses because it seems that Mouser, and digi-key doesn't carry them either (the original fuse was made by LittelFuse and I checked their website and they still make the fuses) but for some reason no body sells them...

Any information about this TV and this issue or where I might source some fuses for this TV would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Levi